Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Historic Foodie's (2nd Annual) Summer Feast- Shopping Day


With The Historic Foodie's Summer Feast a mere two days away, it was time to get cracking with my second most hated part of the cooking process... ingredients shopping. I love having a variety of ingredients available locally. I love patronizing small vendors. I don't love the traffic, confusing directions, and crowds in going from store to store to store. My friends in the recreated 28th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, Co. B are worth it, so off I went, with GPS grasped firmly in hand.

 


Well, a trip to Trader Joe's landed my favorite Tuscan melon, almond meal, and of course the wine.
Next to Aldi's and Wegmans for the bulk of the items. No salt pork! What's this madness?
Naturally, something was forgotten. Roomie was a hero and headed to Safeway.  Also no salt pork.
The cooking schedule was rearranged for a trip to the trusty Farmer's Market while I continued on with Cornbread, Lemonade, and Water Ices.

Strawberry Water Ice-
stewing strawberries for syrup

Strawberry Water Ice-
syrup complete, next up is freezing
Lemon Water Ice-
syrup complete





Cornbread-
ready to bake

















Lemonade-
It's A-Peeling! :-p

Soaking Beans













The Sous Chef insists we've come far enough. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment